Fall / Period 4 & 5 / Monday
Purpose of class
- The purpose of the course is understanding the scientific principles of production of superconducting tapes for development of cables for industrial applications. Students will be motived to develop a commitment to produce the technology for the public interest.
Goals and objectives
- The students will know unique knowledge and understanding of variety of superconducting tapes/wires production techniques.
- The students reflect upon the design and develop prototype superconducting cables (Bi-2223).
- The students will demonstrate knowledge in regards to the design of low temperature cryostat for characterization of power cables around 77K.
The students will understand the prominence of high-Tc HTS cables especially towards transport and Power Applications
- The students will be actuated to demonstrate both knowledge and skills needed for usage of HTSC cables in real life applications.